Gainesville Car Accident Lawyer
Experienced Georgia attorney advocates for victims of auto accidents
After you’ve been hurt in a car crash, the process of obtaining reimbursement for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages might be nearly as stressful as the accident itself. The Brownell Law Office assists victims of Georgia vehicle collisions through insurance claims and litigation. Located in Gainesville, our firm handles a full range of accident cases, including those stemming from truck, motorcycle and bus crashes, as well as instances where a pedestrian is struck by a car. With more than three decades of legal experience, Attorney William M. (Bill) Brownell, Jr. can assert and protect your rights effectively.
Common causes of motor vehicle collisions
There are countless factors that can contribute to a car accident, and in many cases more than one is present. Our firm has extensive experience in vehicle collision cases caused by:
- Alcohol and drug impairment — Even drivers who are not legally intoxicated or who have taken over-the-counter pharmaceuticals might not be able to operate a vehicle safely.
- Distractions — Cell phones and sophisticated dashboard displays can often divert a driver’s attention, and so can traditional distractions such as eating in the car and conversing with passengers.
- Speeding and other traffic violations — Motorists can put themselves and others in danger by speeding, making unsafe lane changes, ignoring stop signals and committing other traffic offenses.
- Drowsy driving — An overly fatigued driver’s reactions and judgment can be compromised in the same way as if the driver were intoxicated.
No matter how your auto accident injury occurred, Mr. Brownell is dedicated to securing the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents
To maximize the value of a personal injury claim, the plaintiff must provide authoritative evidence of the negative health effects of the accident. Mr. Brownell consults with doctors and medical experts to build a comprehensive case by documenting clients’ medical problems and how their lives have changed. Types of ailments commonly associated with vehicle accidents include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Ligament, tendon and muscle tears
- Internal organ injuries
- Blood loss
- Severe burns
When car or truck crash results in fatalities, we represent bereaved family members in wrongful death litigation so they can get a measure of financial relief. Plaintiffs in these matters can obtain reimbursement for funeral costs, compensation for lost income the victim would have provided and payment to make up for the companionship and counsel that was given by their deceased loved one.
Steps to take after a car accident
The decisions you make after a car accident could have a significant effect on the success of your legal claim. Once you’ve notified emergency personnel, you should take photographs of the scene and obtain contact information from anyone who saw the crash. Regardless of your condition or symptoms, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
It is very likely that the insurance company for the at-fault driver will contact you soon after the crash to ask questions and to attempt to settle your case for much less than you deserve. Mr. Brownell will advise the insurance company that you are represented by counsel and that they are not to contact you. From there, our firm will secure evidence aimed at establishing the other party’s liability. We will continue to monitor your medical treatment and expenses in order to lay the groundwork for a favorable settlement or trial verdict.
Contact an experienced Georgia car accident attorney
The Brownell Law Office in Gainesville handles claims for victims of Georgia auto accidents. Please call 770-215-0184 or contact us online to discuss your case with Mr. Brownell.